Join online with credit card, Paypal or Google Checkout.
- $50 Individual
- $75 Anniversary*
- $15 Student (full-time: 15 years and older)
- $45 Senior (55 or older)
- $45 Veteran or Active Military
- $80 Couple (two people at the same home address)
* 2016 marks the Writers' League of Texas' 35th Anniversary. To celebrate this milestone, we've added a special Anniversary membership level for 2016, an opportunity for our individual members to make a one-time additional donation, beyond the standard membership dues, when joining or renewing this year. This special Anniversary level is for 2016 only and, of course, if you prefer to stick with a standard membership with no additional anniversary donation you can still do that, but we hope you'll consider this increased level when you join or renew in 2016. Any questions? Give us a call! 512-499-8914.
Benefits and Discounts for Members
- Member discounts on all Writers’ League classes, retreats, conferences
- Discounts on online classes through The Loft Literary Center. (Members should contact WLT for their 25% discount code)
- Advance notice and pre-registration opportunities for classes and events
- Members-only monthly Open Office Hours for one-on-one time with staff and experts
- Member News** posts 4 times a year, only Writers' League members are able to post news items in the bi-weekly newsletter, Footnotes, that goes out to more than 5000 subscribers
- Meet the Members Q&A on the Writers' League blog, Scribe -- a great way for members to introduce themselves to the Writers' League community and also promote their work via a link back to their website, blog, or social media page
- Discounted subscription to Poets & Writers magazine: $11.95 for one year (regularly $19.95)
- WLT members receive a special discount of 10% off all purchases (excluding the coffeehouse) at BookPeople (Austin), Front Street Books (Alpine), Blue Willow Bookshop (Houston), Brazos Bookstore (Houston), and Murder by the Book (Houston).
- 10% off social media customized platform at The Authors' Assistant (proof of WLT membership required).
- WLT members get an additional 3 MONTHS FREE of Premium Member Access when purchasing a 12-month subscription to the Author Learning Center
- WLT members receive $50 off on headshots from Sam Bond Photography
- WLT members receive 10% off private retreats booked in advance and 15% off "Write Away Stays" booked anywhere from 1-3 days in advance at The Writing Barn
- WLT members receive %15 off of Writespace's online workshops and on-site Houston workshops.
- WLT members receive a 10% discount at the Luz de Blanco Retreat Center in Texas Hill Country
- 10% discount on printing and binding at One Touch Point/ Ginny's contact Terry Sherrell at terry.sherrell@1TouchPoint.com
- TLC Graphics and Narrow Gate Books will transform your manuscript into a beautiful, salable book, escorting you all the way with outstanding and personal service. Providing custom publishing guidance for the serious small or indy publisher, services include national award-winning cover and interior design, editorial, printing, distribution, ebooks, and beyond. $150 discount on print cover design to all WLT members.
- Opportunities to sign your books at the Texas Book Festival, the San Antonio Book Festival, and other events as appropriate.
All Premium Memberships receive, in addition to basic membership benefits, the additional privileges below:
Bronze Level ($100)
Silver Level ($250)
- One complimentary registration for one half-day workshop
Gold Level ($500)
Silver benefits, plus:
- One additional complimentary registration for one half-day workshop (or one full-day workshop)
Platinum Level ($1,000)
Gold benefits, plus:
- One complimentary registration for the Agents & Editors Conference
Diamond Level ($2,500)
Platinum benefits for the first year, plus:
PLEASE NOTE: If you are joining the Writers' League as a Premium Member, it will be your responsibility to contact us when you are interested in taking advantage of any of these premium benefits. We will make every effort to register you for the complimentary class of your choosing, if seats are available. Please contact us as early as possible.
**HOW TO SUBMIT FOR MEMBER NEWS: Four times each calendar year, members can submit a 50 word blurb about their published works in 'Footnotes,' WLT's e-newsletter. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with 'Member News' as header at least two weeks before desired publication date. You must be a current member of the Writers' League. Urls and websites can be hyperlinked, if provided. Items might be edited for style and publication dates will be determined by the Footnotes editor.
Community Memberships for Businesses & Organizations
Supporting the Writers' League as a community member is a great way to connect with a targeted group of literary-minded individuals. For information about benefits associated with Community Membership click here.