2017 Agents & Editors Conference
June 30-July 2, 2017
Hyatt Regency Austin
208 Barton Springs Road
Austin, TX 78704
*Includes an agent/editor consultation (if purchased before March 15)
For agent bios, click here.
For editor bios, click here.
- Genre Sessions: Tips, strategies, resources, and trends.
- Practice Your Pitch: Meet your fellow attendees by trying out your pitch on them and giving and receiving positive, helpful feedback.
- Welcome Reception: Drinks, snacks, and casual conversation with writers, agents, and editors.
- Opening discussion with an from a major publishing imprint
- 25 panels featuring nearly 100 published writers, agents, editors, publicists, booksellers, and other publishing professionals
- Luncheon with a keynote speaker, with complimentary copy of book (ticket sold separately)
- Evening Reception with a keynote speaker, with complimentary copy of book
- **One-on-one consultations with agents and editors (1 consultation included with registration before March 15; after March 15, available for individual sale)
- Opening session with keynote speaker
- 10 presentations on publishing and writing topics such as revision, fine-tuning opening pages, query letters, novel synopses, nonfiction proposals, author platform and book marketing, and legal issues common to writers.
- One-on-one consultations with agents and editors
- Closing Luncheon
**Everyone who registers for the conference before March 15 will be eligible for a free one-on-one consultation with an agent or editor. Instructions for how to opt in will be sent in early March. Response is required by March 15 or the free consultation is forfeited. Additional consultations will be made for purchase after March 15.
Until April 30:
- $399 Members
- $459 Nonmembers
After April 30, while seats remain:
- $439 Members
- $499 Nonmembers
January 2 - April 30, 2017: 50% refund available.
All cancellations will incur a $50 cancellation fee.
After April 30, 2017: No refunds will be made (no exceptions), but registrants can transfer their registration to another person as long as advance notice is given to the Writers' League of Texas. If you wish to transfer your registration, please call the WLT at 512-499-8914.
The WLT reserves the right to change or cancel any speaker and/or session without notice.